Kanha Safari Permit Tips
It is always preferable to reach the national park early and book a safari on the spot or in advance for Kanha National Park. The Right Safari knowledge is very important so you need to take information from your travel agent. There are two safari ride slotsin the morning and evening for the Jeep Safari.
So, this beginner’s guide will be very helpful for you guys while going to Kanha National Park.
• The First thing you should know is that the safari is fully controlled and managed by the forest department of the Kanha National Park which functions under the forest ministry of the Madhya Pradesh state Government.
• The Safari is operated in two shifts – the morning shift and the evening shift.
• The Safaris allowed in each shift are limited to Jeeps only (6 seaters).
• Advance booking for the safari is allowed through the online process and the same-day safari booking can be made by visiting the official booking counter in Kanha at least one hour before the safari booking starts. However, advance booking or same-day counter booking is subject to availability.
• Generally, most of the safari seats are booked either on the basis of a first come first serve basis or else via an advance online booking process. So, it is best advised to either arrive early at the reserve and book your safari ticket early on the spot or by an advance online ticket booking.
• At the time of online safari booking, you have to provide the full name (as mentioned on the ID card) and the photo ID number of each visitor. You have to show the same ID proof to the forest officials at the time of entry into the park. In the case of false or incomplete name and ID proof, the forest department reserves the right to cancel your safari booking at any time.
• As the photo ID proof for Indian Nationals, the Passport / Driving license / Pan Card / Voter ID / Aadhaar Card /School ID or any other Government ID is acceptable. Whereas, Foreign Nationals need to provide only their passport as photo ID proof.
• You are asked to provide information like your safari date, safari time (morning/evening), safari vehicle (Jeep), and your boarding place nearby Kanha National Park (i.e. Name of the hotel, resort, etc.) at the time of making online booking of safari.
• For the confirmation of the safari permit, you will have to pay the full fee in advance which includes the park entrance fee, vehicle fee, and guide fee. The Confirmed safari permit is non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-exchangeable in any circumstances.
• The Vehicles which are registered with the forest department are only allowed to enter the park for the safari. So, any other private vehicle is not allowed in the park in any condition.
• The Forest Department assigns the safari vehicle, guide, and safari gate on a random basis. So, you don’t have the option to choose any particular vehicle or guide.